Taster Sessions in Autobiography and Life Writing, Creative Writing, Poetry and Advanced Poetry
(Saturday 11th and 18th September, 10am – 12pm)
These Taster Sessions for courses on the Creative Writing Programme are for writers interested in taking a course with us who would like to experience one of our online teaching sessions and find out more about a particular course or programme.
You can take a Taster Session in:
- Creative Writing (Short stories, novels and novellas)
- Creative Non-Fiction (Autobiography, biography and other forms of experientially based writing)
- Writing Poetry (A poetry course for those new to poetry or for those who would like to refresh their skills)
- Advanced Poetry Workshops (A course for more experienced poets which allows time to workshop work in progress alongside an exploration of different forms, approaches and techniques for writing poetry).
They will allow you to:
- talk to the Programme Director about our programmes and courses
- explore an area of writing that interests you (autobiography and biography, creative writing or poetry)
- experience our unique approach to teaching
- try some of our specially designed writing exercises
- further develop your writing skills
The Online Taster Sessions
Our Programme Director and one of our writing tutors will welcome you to the online session. Mark, the Programme Director, will talk briefly about the programme or course associated with your Taster Session, explain our approach to teaching, give you a sense of what it is like to be a writer on one of our courses and take questions. Then one of our tutors will take over the session and guide your through a series of writing exercises whilst offering additional information about the content of particular courses.
Welcome: 15 mins
Writing Sessions: 90 mins
Final Q&A: 15 mins
Dates and Times
Autobiography and Life Writing Taster Session on the Creative Non-Fiction Programme, Saturday 11th September, 10am – 12pm
Advanced Poetry Workshops Taster Session, Saturday 11th September, 10am – 12pm
Writing Poetry Taster Session, Saturday 18th September, 10am – 12pm
Creative Writing Programme Taster Session, Saturday 18th September, 10am – 12pm.
£10 per session
Choose one of the options in the links at the bottom of this page and click on it to pay and book your place.
Once you have paid for your course you will be automatically enrolled on your Taster Session and taken to our Elearning website. Once you are in, simply click on the name of your Taster Session under the My Courses heading and you will be taken to your course page. The Zoom link for your online Taster Session along with any preparatory reading from the course tutor will be uploaded to your course page a few days before your Taster Session.
For further information on this course or our other programmes contact